Middlebury College '12

Middlebury College '12
Vincent on Grass at California Home

Sunday 7 October 2007

Vincent Attends CASC Leadership Camp (Stanford)





Hello everyone. I cannot believe that I have not updated my blog in over two months! I have been really busy with a lot of great things! I am going to begin blogging more frequently but in order to do that, my blog entries will be much shorter. I dedicate this entry to the phenomenal time I had at leadership camp! It was the time of my life.

At the beginning of August I spent four days at CASC Camp at Stanford University! To top things off I had the best roommate ever. Ross was engaging, open-minded, fun to talk to, and just a great person in general! We shared a lot of experiences and had many great conversations.

I met so many people and extended my contact list by about 40 contacts. I absolutely loved the people in my circle group! My group counselor Paula was extremely well versed and competent and led our group through many enriching exercises like facilitating and recording. (LOL inside joke).

We also had really good public speakers!
Together (my group with the entire casc population) we watched this one movie on stereotyping and racism and it was mind boggling. The discussion thereafter was even more so. Even though I was only with that group of ten for four days, it seemed like we had known each other for years when it was all over.

The banquet the day before the program ended was very moving and filled with emotion. I sang
The Lion Sleeps Tonight and Ombra Mai Fu and riveted the crowd. The best dance of my life followed the banquet! Everyone knew me for sure after my songs and I danced with so many people.

I walked away so profoundly effected by my experience that I applied for CASC State Council! Thats another story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vincent!

It's Miki from San Diego, we danced at the dance togehter.. ahah (sandwich)
Well, I just wanted to say, that I definitely had a great memorable time with you! You were such a great aspect to the CASC camp program! I am honored to have met you! =]

I hope you remember me!

best wishes for the future! =]]

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.