Middlebury College '12

Middlebury College '12
Vincent on Grass at California Home

Saturday 29 March 2008

Vincent Staffs Region 8 Conferences


For the first 3 days of his spring Break March 24-27, Vincent rode amtrack to Bakersfield to staff 2 conferences. The Youth Action Summit of Kern (Similar to the Action Summit of California, but just for that region) and the Leaders in Life Conference.

I havent gone through the intense summer training that the other counselors went through and at first i was a little weary of my ability to teach curriculum. I went down there expecting to make posters and things of that nature.

The first day I co-facilitated with Menelick. I was so glad that he was there by my side. Menelick has been so helpful to me since I joined the State Council. The other counselors and the Gamma supported me the entire time and I walked away feeling accomplished. I thank Willie and Megan for bestowing those responsibilities upon me because they helped me to grow.

Legislators were present at the dinner at the first conference and received our proposals. How great is that?!








No comments: