Middlebury College '12

Middlebury College '12
Vincent on Grass at California Home

Sunday 30 March 2008

Vincent Recieves Gates Millennium Scholarship


I am so grateful to be a Gates Millennium Scholar. The Gates Millennium Scholars program, established in 1999, was initially funded by a 1 billion dollar grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.My college education is now completely covered at whatever institution I choose to go to. This is truly a dream come true.
I came home from my 6 hour train ride from the Bakersfield conferences to receive a large package. Inside was a tri-fold informational folder with a letter and award of gold inside with my name on it.
After a rigorous nomination, recomendation, and applicaiton process, I was of the seven percent that was selected who demonstrated outstanding academics, leadership, and community service. Now I need to choose a college, its getting hard with all these choices.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

impressive!
this is isaac