Middlebury College '12

Middlebury College '12
Vincent on Grass at California Home

Thursday 2 August 2007

Vincent Receives the Peninsula Teen Opera Scholarship!


I could not possibly cram my entire five week session into one post. I started vocal training with Ruthanne before my summer program began where she made me aware of an available scholarship to this cool program. I have been into classical music for a while, especially opera and love to sing and it was right up my ally. I conspired with the treasurer of the program via e-mail and was scheduled in on the ninth of July for my audition and interview.

My mother was really busy at the house and my Uncle volunteered to take me to Foster City at the Jewish Community Center.

I sang three pieces and performed well in my interview.

I am very thankful for my uncle who transported me there and answered some questions in the interview. I am also grateful for Alanah and Radhika, scholars new to the SMASH program that volunteered their time to help me rehearse for my interview on piano. Thanks to Bravo, Miles, Jann, and Noel for letting me use the keyboard.

No comments: